Swap Meet March 19, 2016
Wythe County RC Flyers will once again host their annual Swap Meet at the Wytheville Moose Lodge on Saturday, March 19th, 2016. Friday evening setup will be available. Saturday morning the doors will open for vendors at 7:00am and the public will enter at 9:00. Tables are $10 each and your admission is included with a table purchase. Admission $5.
If you need more information or to reserve tables contact:
Barney Blankenship 540-726-3002 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Boling 540-639-6768 email@example.com
Check our web site for updates and info. WytheCountyRCflyers.net
Use Exit #73 off I-81/77 and continue straight through town, the Moose Lodge is on the right.
Wytheville Moose Lodge
1350 W Main St
Wytheville, VA 24382
Our landowner has asked that we put the starting stands back out of the way after a day of flying. He needs to get his equipment in and out so please move the stands back before you leave.
Our land owner has asked that we refrain from flying models or starting engines on Sunday mornings before noon. The nearby church service is over by 11:30 so please refrain from disturbing them on Sunday mornings. They only have that one service so it should not be great inconvenience to flyers. Also if they should be having a funeral or wedding please respect the service. Our land owner goes to this church so we want to be flexible. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding. We will discuss more at the next meeting.
Our new flying field is now operational. It is located in Bland county on the site of the old Bland Buzzards field.
The following are directions to our new field.
- From I 81 South, take Exit 72, which is I 77 North
- Travel 10.4 miles to the Bland,Va Exit, which is Exit 52
- Turn left on to Route 52 South
- Travel 3.8 miles
- Turn Right on to Route 42 S
- Travel .6 mile, turn right just before a small bridge with guard rails
- The gate for the field had a No Hunting sign on it.
After turning onto Route 42 South, there is church on a hill to your right, and the orange wind socket may also be visible as you near the field.
Alternate set of directions:
- I 81 South
- Exit 72 (I 77 North), travel 10.4 miles
- Exit 52 (Bland, VA Exit)
- Turn Left , Route 52 South, travel 3.8 miles
- Turn Right, Route 42 South
- Travel .6 miles, field on right
- Gate to field has a No Hunting sign on it.